Asking for feedback I realised the images were all over the place and needed the most work. However I was still not certain on the front cover and gallery page.
I updated the cover image to more look like an English garden with a banner image. Next I decided the gallery pages needed the images to be the main focus and pushed for the banner feel. Changing it to green and removing the pink overlays means that it links to the work pages and cover image. I updated the images to add curiosity and they better represent the projects within.
The back was a simple change to link to the first page with the logo.
With the feedback I cut back and looked at what the images meant. I took out the images that weren’t the best. I focused onto the main point of the project. I removed the captions for if an image cant be self explained what is the point in it being there. I spread out my images so they can breath so I have given them more pages with each page having a clear set out purpose.
I am happy with this outcome and feel I have refined my portfolio throughout my pages.
First I wrote out the brief and solutions of each project that was a requirement then added the ones I want to show off. This gave me a platform to build and to select images from.
Being constant, I used the CV stying at first to be developed on later which sets the tone and gives my styling first.
I needed a navigation so I kept it simple and added a sheen over the top of the images to make them look more cohesive.
I kept the ending contact page simple and to the point in the same stylings as before.
I decided I needed a constant through out my designs so took the bar/ column idea forward. Within this there is hierarchy and space to breath which I have struggled to manage in the past. All images are labelled and have equal spacing.
The best way for me to explain what I have done is for you to experience it for yourself.
Watching the tutors tutorials helped a lot as I had no idea where to start or how to.
I struggled most with the main banner (left column on a desktop). I knew I wanted my logo at the top and then I added my name in different fonts. Experimenting with this my name in the design took away the simplicity of it. Taking it away looked neater and better; however I still needed my name somewhere and getting feedback they said it was needed.
I made sure there were several links to my instagram. I embedded some within a project as the project is on my instagram. I added my favourite insta images to both the contact page and about me page.
Using my logo, I created a basic template. This includes all that is necessary and is very straight forward.
Discussing this with my tutor, he immediately said you want the words to speak – don’t let the image get in the way. I needed to experiment with the image for the best result. Also looking into the paragraphs he said I need to add onto who I am as a person.
My last portfolio, although was cohesive, it didn’t have a brand. At this point I have yet to created a logo to show off who I am. With the 100 ideas being over 100 miles away from me, I decided to recreate some and add new thoughts and experiments. From what I remember my 100 designs were not the best and I mainly only used my name in different orientations. But what I want to do is have a symbol that can be used and used again.
As I like the outdoors and camping, I went with a sunrise (or set) I draw several and these were my favourite.
I digitalised my favourite 2 and then developed from there.
I started to play around with colour, texture and spacing.
Asking family and other students they felt this design worked the best. Asking a tutor what they thought, they felt that the type needed work and a hierarchy system. I am still not sold on the type at the minute but plan to try more variations. Or just remove it all together.
Looking back at the project I am happy with the outcome I have produced. I feel I have gone down lots of different routes and experimented with several different styles. I taught myself many things such as how to perfect the drop shadow effect and feel I have improved on how I go about creating my hierarchy on a design.
I have also learnt that when I’m singing, I’m not annoying people I’m improving my wellbeing.
The client seems very happy with the outcomes from all the team. I am very grateful to be the main communicator as it boosted my confidence and capability to talk to clients in a professional manor.
Sending my work to the tutors. My feedback was very positive but with only one major tweak. It was suggested earlier that I should add other characters and I was reluctant because time was limited. So with a smaller amount of time – 3 days – I created six singing fruits.
Applying these to the pre existing designs are easy so I went and made it harder by adding depth with block shading to make them pop.
As well as the R and D file, I had to submit an outcome document which lays out my designs for the client to look at.
After sending a simple slides to the client of the work so far they liked the idea of each raindrop having a spotlight each.
Keeping with the same theme I developed the social media for an online presence as well as physical mockups to be seen across Cardiff.
I decided to add onto the raindrop concept applying it to a variety of different things.